Friday, July 4, 2008

Thursday's Lies, Fridays Headlines

Barack's waffles and deliberate misrepresentations of the truth, now a carefully crafted daily event, have become so second nature that it appears Barack is lying on auto-pilot. This can lead to carelessness, as it did yesterday, on Barack's defining issue - ending the war in Iraq.
Senator Barack Obama said Thursday that he might “refine” his policies for Iraq after meeting with military commanders there later this summer. But hours later he held a second news conference to emphasize his commitment to the withdrawal of all combat troops from Iraq within 16 months of taking office.
In the end, Barack's position will be no different than McCain's. For now, the challenge is how to go from a pander policy to a real one while making it look like the phony policy was a good one then, but responsibility requires reconfiguring that commitment to the circumstances as they stand now. So yesterday, in a continuation of statements designed to prepare the world for the flip-flop, Barack laid it out a little too clearly.

Mr. Obama said at his first news conference on Thursday that he planned a “thorough assessment” of his Iraq policy when he visited that country this summer.

“I’ve always said that the pace of withdrawal would be dictated by the safety and security of our troops and the need to maintain stability,” he said. “That assessment has not changed. And when I go to Iraq and have a chance to talk to some of the commanders on the ground, I’m sure I’ll have more information and will continue to refine my policies.”

The truth is, Barack's plan was not suitable to any circumstances other than conning the loony left into thinking the war could be magically brought to a halt. Once duly indulged, the wackos happily abandoned Hillary for the unelectable one.

“Let me be as clear as I can be,” he said. “I intend to end this war. My first day in office I will bring the Joint Chiefs of Staff in, and I will give them a new mission, and that is to end this war — responsibly, deliberately, but decisively.

“And I have seen no information that contradicts the notion that we can bring our troops out safely at a pace of one to two brigades a month, and, again, that pace translates into having our combat troops out in 16 months’ time.”

And there is the problem. Without actually confessing to be a liar, that's as clear as Barack can be - very confusing. So he ends up, after his second shot at it that day, leaving people no choice but to read between the lines and conclude that what he's really saying is - "You didn't actually believe all that stuff about a new kinda politics, did you? That was just something my consultants told me to say!"

No comments: