Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Talkin' Revolution

As usual, John Lewis has it wrong.
An emotional moment on ABC News, as Georgie Congressman and Civil Rights leader John Lewis told Charlie Gibson that today's election was "a nonviolent revolution" and an "unbelievable, and unreal transformation of American politics."
This is electoral politics catching up with reality. There is no need for any revolutions - Barack's election proves the country was ready to elect Barack.
Asked about his emotions if there's an Obama victory, Lewis continued.

"Well, I tell you, I cried a little today when I cast my vote, and I've been crying for the past few days. I don't know if I have any tears left.... I think I'm going to shed some more tears before the night is over."

I understand the emotion. But it is emotion rooted in the past, isn't it?

No comments: