Tuesday, April 15, 2008

That Boy Sure is Dumb!

How is it possible that Congressman Geoff Davis of Kentucky could be so relaxed and color blind as to refer to Barack Obama as "that boy?" It seems to me quite plausible that he views Barack as a peer, and as is so common in the south and in guy talk, he used the term without thinking twice. Otherwise, the guy's a moron.

"I’m gonna tell you something. That boy’s finger does not need to be on the button,” Davis said, according to an audio recording of the event that was obtained by The Hill. The lawmaker told the crowd that he participated in “closed, highly classified national security simulations” with Obama.

On the other hand, Davis made his remarks at a GOP fundraiser in Lexington, Kentucky. Barack made his condescending remarks at a fundraiser in San Francisco. Perhaps fundraisers are the place to go to express one's bitterness these days.

I'm disappointed that Davis didn't use the Obama apology technique. Instead of sending a slobbering grovel to Barack (
“my poor choice of words is regrettable and was in no way meant to impugn you or your integrity. I offer my sincere apology to you and ask for your forgiveness") he could have said, "I wish I had made my point more eloquently, but the larger observation I was articulating is true - Barack would make a lousy commander in chief."

Davis was referring to his experience with Barack at some sort of nuclear response exercise in which he viewed Barack as indecisive and spineless. This is from ABC News:

According to a Lexington Herald-Leader blog item, Rep. Geoff Davis, R-Ky., said Saturday that he had recently participated in a "highly classified, national security simulation" with Obama, and said that exercise showed that Obama can't be trusted to make difficult decisions.

"I'm going to tell you something: That boy's finger does not need to be on the button," Davis said. "He could not make a decision in that simulation that related to a nuclear threat to this country."

Davis went on to call Barack a snake oil salesman who is unqualified to be president. Tough to argue with that.

No comments: