Tuesday, May 27, 2008

As Fidel Goes, So Goes the Nation

Obama continues to amaze with the folks he can convince to jump on his bandwagon. What a great TV commercial for McCain this will make - the list of thinkers, and organizations, who are on Barack's side is absolutely mind numbing:

Consider Robert Reich, Ted Kennedy, Tom Hanks, NARAL, John Edwards, Jane Fonda, The Teamsters and Steel Workers unions, Moveon.org, John Kerry, Michael Moore, Oprah Winfrey, George Clooney, Reggae Singer Cocoa Tea, and Hamas political adviser Ahmed Yousef, just to name a few of the most prominent of Barack's base.

But now, Barack's philosophical bona fides have been confirmed beyond reproach. Some have been so bold as to doubt Barack's commitment to the radicalism of Reverend Wright, and others have dared to question his commitment to the radicalism of Bill Ayers. But who can deny Barack his true stature now that he's received the quiet support of none other than Communist Leader Emeritus Fidel Castro? How Sweet it Is!!!!!!!!!!!! In response to Barack's Communist Cuba Manifesto, delivered last week, Castro wrote:
I am not questioning Obama’s great intelligence, his debating skills or his work ethic. He is a talented orator and is ahead of his rivals in the electoral race. I feel sympathy for his wife and little girls, who accompany him and give him encouragement every Tuesday. It is indeed a touching human spectacle. Nevertheless, I am obliged to raise a number of delicate questions. I do not expect answers; I wish only to raise them for the record.
Castro even went so far as to hint that he was only offering some negative feedback on Barack in order to protect him:
I listened to his speech, as I did McCain’s and Bush’s. I feel no resentment towards him, for he is not responsible for the crimes perpetrated against Cuba and humanity. Were I to defend him, I would do his adversaries an enormous favor. I have therefore no reservations about criticizing him and about expressing my points of view on his words frankly.
Once again, Barack shows his ability to win the support of those who hate American power at a rate that folks like John Kerry and Al Gore could only dream of.

No comments: