Friday, May 30, 2008

If Barack Doesn't Win, I'm Moving To...

Here we go again with the Hollywood promises to leave the country if the democrat doesn't win. Remember Alec Baldwin's commitment to move overseas if Al Gore didn't win in 2000. You just can't trust an actor - Bush beat Gore, and Baldwin stayed.

But if you're looking for motivation to let go of your reservations and vote for McCain, here's a good one:
SUSAN SARANDON, who appeared in three films last year and won kudos for her TV movie "Bernard and Doris," is still not a contented soul. She says if John McCain gets elected, she will move to Italy or Canada. She adds, "It's a critical time, but I have faith in the American people."
I find the choices to be curious. Italy - the land of great restaurants and great romance, where the true religion is extracting as much pleasure as possible, or Canada. It wouldn't be a tough decision for me.

I don't like the idea of Sarandon only exiling herself to Canada. It's too close, and they make too many films there. Go for the pasta, Sue.

Why isn't she for Hillary?
"I thought the whole point of feminism is that you're not supposed to be defined by gender."
Explain your logic please, Susan, to black voters who've been going 90% for Barack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, Todd, even I may vote for McPain upon reading this news about Sarandon. (If she can manage to get the Baldwins, Leo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Barbara Streisand, and Rosie O'Donnell, for starters, to join her across the pond, I could even admit to others that I actually voted for McPain.)

You may have finally changed my mind!

-Joe from Brighton